One-piece induction seals belong to a liner class, which are mainly for one-time use. These induction sealing foils are also called “lift and peel and easy-peel”. Some induction seals have pull tabs and are easily removed from the product compared to other induction sealing foil. One-piece induction foil seals were designed for consumer convenience and are a favorite among elderly consumers.
One specific issue that one-piece liners can address is product sealing in cases where manufacturers cannot use glue liners for the products. These may be because of the nature of the product itself, such as for edible products, or due to the material that the container is made of. One-piece liners come in handy and may even be retained after opening the product container because they are usually lodged snugly within the cap of the container.
How Induction Foil Sealing Works
One-piece induction foil seal consists of backing and aluminum seal layers fused with seal materials in between. This laminate allows for the seals to have structure without having to resort to two-piece liners with additional components within the laminate. They are designed mainly for use with induction heat sealers.
A piece of this induction seal liner is inserted within the cap and is tightly screwed to the container. Upon passing the induction sealer, the sealing material is absorbed by the paper backing and affixes itself to the cap; the backing paper gets separated from the aluminum foil – which hermetically seals the container, creating the airtight seal that keeps the product fresh for a longer time.
One Time Use Induction Seal Liners Application
Many industries rely on the effectiveness of one-piece induction seal liners to keep their products safe and secure during transportation, as well as to increase the shelf-life of the products for longer than what traditional liners can offer. Some of these industries include:
- Food and Beverage: Coffee, Flavored Milk, Fruit Juices, Cheese Spreads, Sauces, Spices,
- Cosmetic and Healthcare: Make-up, Moisturizers, Facial Creams, Protein Nutrition, Vitamins
- Pharmaceuticals: Vitamin Products, Medicine, Test Kits Vials
- Chemicals and Lubricants: Bleach, Windshield Washer Solution, Antifreeze, Motor Oils, Gasoline Additives, Household cleaner, Insecticides, Herbicides, etc.
Induction Seal Liners in Packaging
Unknown to consumers, an induction foil seal plays a big role in the packaging and success of a product. It is very easy to discard and never give another thought, but these small packaging components are useful in addressing different areas which manufacturers may struggle to overcome. These include:
- Hermetic Seal or airtight seal – One-piece induction seals, despite their simple design, preserve product freshness by preventing the passage of air, oxygen, or other gases.
- Product Integrity Authentication – Induction seals are termed “tamper-evident” because once they are broken into, tampering is easily spotted. This ability validates product integrity through tamper-proof indication.
- Leakage Prevention – One-piece induction seals are capable of preventing the introduction of, not just gases, but also liquid products. This is especially important during the transport of the products.
- Increasing Shelf-Life – Induction seals through their multiple other capabilities, are able to keep the products unexposed to the elements and prevent leaks from occurring. These factors undoubtedly prolong the shelf-life of said products, all while maintaining freshness.
Adeneli Packaging and Benefel Pty. Ltd. Can Help
Adeneli Packaging and Benefel Pty Ltd. can help you with induction seal liners. Our experts are on standby to take your calls and chats. Whatever product you may have, we have the perfect induction foil seal for you. Product consultation is free and we are happy to develop partnerships with our customers by supplying consumable products that work well with packaging machinery.